Monday, June 25, 2007

When I'm In Charge

Due to the fact that I'm easily irritated, I've been thinking about some of the things I'd do if I were in charge of the world. Nothing earth-shaking (I'm lazy, after all), but just a few little things to make riding this whirling marble a little easier. To wit:

1. Get rid of the stupid .9 after gas prices. Why on earth should we calculate the price of a gallon of gas to 9/10th of a cent?

2. No more Daylight Saving Time. I've never understood the concept in the first place, and all it does is confuse people twice a year. And hellooo--here's a news flash--you don't get any more sunlight! Unless we can figure out how to add more hours to a day, the hours of sunlight remain the same.

3. Fat women and Disney sweatshirts. Once I am in charge, you will never see one wearing the other. Why is it that so many fat women are drawn to sweatshirts with pictures of Pooh and Minnie Mouse and all that crowd? I'm sorry, but when you look like that, you should be wearing clothes to blend in, not stand out. You're no Snow White, honey. Think navy blue with maybe a vertical stripe to distract the eye. Don't expect much.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Tag you're it! See Library Lunacy's blog for details. Very interesting blog, by the way.