Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13

I know I'm going to sound like an old coot here, but this whole del.icio.us thing failed to impress me.
First, the coy name just makes me want to throw up a little, you know?
Second--and here's the crux of the whole matter--it doesn't really do you any good unless you've bought into the whole blog thing. Which, you may deduce, I haven't.
I don't search blogs. I don't care about blogs. I don't hate them, mind you, they're just a concept that doesn't interest me in the least.
So shoot me.
Whenever I mention this to someone who's really into the whole 2.0 thing, they look at me like I told them I eat babies.
And before you say "But you're blogging right now!", yep, I sure am. But I'm doing it as an assignment and I certainly don't expect anyone to actually read this stuff. If someone sets up an RSS feed to keep track of my blog, they need some seeeeeeeerious help.
I'm old-fashioned. I like books. I like paper. I like things that don't need to be recharged or connected to a high-speed network.
Okay, that being said, I can see how del.icio.us could be useful for some people. Heck, I can even imagine that one day I might even embrace it.
But not today.

No, not today.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

You can make some or all of your bookmarks private in Del.icio.us. To change a public bookmark to private, first enable private saving in your settings. Then edit your bookmark, check the do not share box, and save it. While saving a new bookmark, you can also check the do not share box to make that bookmark private.